Sunday 17 March 2013

Campus session catch up, with help from a friend.



I recently had a conversation with Hannah Zapala who filled me in on Module 3 which helped immensely as I missed the two campus sessions due to work commitments. It seems there is a lot of work to do, but hopefully everything we have done in the past two Modules has prepared us for this!Paula apparently went through a powerpoint presentation that broke down Module 3 into a form that was easy to understand, including what is expected of us to form our inquiry. Hannah suggested that I download the presentation, which I will be doing shortly.Hannah said the session by discussing the real basic question of 'what actually is an inquiry', Even though this might seem simple and obvious to some it helps to breaks things down into bitesize chunks that are easier to digest sometimes.Literature reviews were also discussed at the session aswell as “how Summon as a tool - found on the libguides is great for finding literature” it's split into genres by articles, press reviews and trade reviews which makes it easier to locate and find what you are looking for or need.
Hannah said it was discussed how it was important to keep a 'where are you now timeline', just to ensure that you are on target and don’t leave it all to the last minute.

Hannah said it was discussed how it was important to keep a 'where are you now timeline', just to ensure that you are on target and don’t leave it all to the last minute.I am very greatful to Hannah for investing her time in helping me. I wish obviously I could have been at the sessions but fingers crossed with help from my SIG and fellow BAPPERS I will make it through this Module OK.



No comments:

Post a Comment