Wednesday 6 March 2013

2013... all systems go!


Hi everybody, I just wanted to touch base as feel out of touch with my blogging. Since Module 2 I have taken on the role of a maternity cover dance teacher in a huge secondary school in Rochester Kent. I have stepped right into the deep end and joined the students right before their BTEC/GCSE deadlines and if I’m honest feel a little out of my depth.  I have also recently extended my after school clubs to not just a Saturday but a Thursday and luckily had a successful opening day last week.
So its been relentless to say the least, but things have started to settle a tad and I feel eager to get back blogging and keeping touch with everyone.
Over the last month or so I have been in regular contact with my SIG who have been supportive offering advice so thank you for that.
I also managed to have an interview that I recorded with a social worker about boundaries in schools and I even managed to write a few literature reviews (all of which will follow shortly).
I am now going to look back through my journal at the summaries I made of reader 7 back in January and my thoughts along the way of my new job role and journey. Hopefully some of these thought processes will be worthy of blogging. Looking forward to some feedback and advice from you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina,
    It's great to see that you're blogging again and I'm really pleased to hear your news about your new job, although I appreciate you must be feeling the pressure right now with their exams looming. I'm not sure, but would Gemma be able to offer some specific support and advice? (I know she works as dance teacher at a secondary school, but I am unsure if she teaches BTEC/GCSE level). It's great to hear that your SIG has been useful. Unfortunately, mine has died off, so I am having to use my individual contacts as opposed to a 'group' effort!
    Well done for writing literature reviews and for getting an interview done. It appears that you are on top of things Nina. I look forward to reading about your progress over the coming months.
    Best Wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete