Tuesday 13 November 2012

Teaching Experience Personal Statement


Following on from Paula i have decided to publish a short work experience personal statement as I think this will bring me back to think of what i'm doing already and what quetions I need to be asking. 

My first experience of teaching was at the age of 17 teaching Drama for Stagecoach theatre Arts in Sidcup. I taught here until I graduated in 2009 and whilst there the students took part in a production that I helped to direct.
After graduating I worked on a cruise liner, which traveled around the world on various intinerys for two years. Whilst onboard the ship I was in the production team performing in 8 shows per week. I was promoted to Company Director in my last six months and was responsible for keeping the standards of the production shows high through rehearsals and good communication skills with the cruise director and stage manager. I worked hard on morale within my production team. I enjoyed this contract but was determined to come home and get back into teaching.
When returning home I taught at a Southborough Primary school part time teaching games, this was to cover a sickness vacancy. I am mainly a performing arts teacher but agreed to take on the challenge of teaching games to increase my experience. Whilst at Southborough I taught children of ages 4-11 with a variety of ability’s and educational needs.
Whilst studying for my degree at Middlesex I have been teaching Drama and Dance in after school clubs for Jiggle Arts. Teaching children aged between 4 and 11. We teach in primary schools but at professional dance/drama school standard following a syllabus set by the owner of Jiggle. I also run the Drama department at Hollywood PA, which is a Performing Arts Saturday school. I am in charge of creating the syllabus for this, directing shows and keeping the standards high amongst the drama teachers at the school.
I have also covered sickness for various other performing arts schools throughout my training, putting an emphasis on fun and teaching the students basic techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment