Thursday 29 November 2012

6C.


www.nasponline.org/.../Effective_School_Discipline

This so far has been my most favored piece of writing on my inqury, it discusses both development and the safety of the students in class, it challenges current habits of teachers and practices that have gone stale. 

"too often, schools fail to understand that maintaining safety, including the correction of misbehavior, is a prerequisite for developing self-discipline, but it is not sufficient." This quote from the website sums up what I am researching.

Beyond the Boundaries
Douglas Kaufman
Published 2003

" Perhaps the notion of educational reform that we propose in this book is best characterised by shifting the emphasis away from teaching and toward learning. The benefits of this shift are readily apparent to the teacher in terms of both increased student motivation and relevance."

This book although at times hard to digest with its style of writing has some inspirational ideas and revolutionary views on teaching that have inspired me in my daily practice.

www.telegraph.co.uk › Education

"David Cameron wants better discipline in schools"

I am very happy that the subject of my inquiry in in the press, it shows that i am not the only person doubting the techniques and styles that our schools are run. David Cameron is opposed too "half-arsed discipline, sloppy standards and babyishly easy subjects” as quoted in the telegraph. I have to say I agree, not because I think teachers are lazy and not doing a good job but because things need updating and more respect needs to be given to teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment