Thursday 10 May 2012

3d An honest Reflection.


Now I have come to the end of Module 1 I am faced with some quite tricky questions that I have to be honest with myself about, here goes:

  • ·      I have realised that my sources of information are infact quite limited, I tend to use the same search engines and feel on reflection that I need to search deeper in order to gain knowledge of various opinions that differ from the normal, to really broaden my horizons and to truly be critical about differing opinions. Going forward I will try to source deeper and further reading on topics covered in future modules.  I feel like my engagement has been appropriate although seemingly sporadic on my blog. I will make a conscious effort to make a consistent effort to blog my feelings and observations however small. I am very focused when it comes to my career and development but could plan more to help me even out the workload. I also understand now that reflection is an ongoing thing and I didn’t have to leave it to the end to complete this task, I could have reflected at intervals throughout the course.


  • ·      Over the course of this module I have seeked the opinions of peers, family members and colleagues to see if they feel the same about reflecting and networking. My findings showed that people trained and pursuing a career in the Arts networked a lot more than those where in more of a corporate environment. I also found that those with performing or teaching careers learned in more of a ‘cycle’ constantly refreshing their training and learning new ideas and therefore being more open to the idea of reflection.


  • ·      Sharing ideas is a great way of learning, as it broadens your view.  I have had a varied career up until this point but still benefit from different views. It helps sometimes to think outside the box and better than that to look inside someone else’s thought. By communicating using the blogs we all benefit from a range of opinions, understanding, findings and research. We can be advised on further readings, web links and also see Academic advisor feedback.


  • ·      Critical reflection has helped me move forward learning from mistakes in the past. Like anything through practice it becomes easier, I am now seeing what information and experiences are truly relevant and which I can put to bed. Using a journal, graphs, photos and books I am remembering good and bad experiences and seeing why they were good and what made them bad. As a teacher they have an added purpose of being able to pass on to my students my findings and experiences and encouraging them to make mistakes in order to learn and develop.


  • ·      I have always been a reflective person, I am blessed with the ability to accept mistakes and do always strive to correct errors, at this point I am encouraged to continue to do that in all walks of life particularly my career path.  I will continue to reflect, write and blog throughout the summer and am looking forward to starting Module 2 with a clearer mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment