Friday 4 May 2012

Enquiring about my Personal Reflection 2D




·      Talent!!! New, old any talent makes me enthusiastic. I love to spot talent and teach them more or help to point them in the right direction or introduce them to the right people. I am inspired daily by the children I teach and the quality of work they produce. Holly Smedley who I work for on a Saturday is a huge inspiration for me, she wants so much for her pupils and gives them everything she can in terms of her time, knowledge energy and belief. She wants them to succeed and encourages them in a way that inspires me. My work gives me an energy that I find hard to switch off from which makes Bob Fosse an inspiration to me as apparently he could never switch off and was deemed a workaholic.
·      I get sad when opportunities aren’t given to people, when they want something but aren’t able to pay for the tuition or haven’t got the support from their families. I get angry when people have talent but throw it away, on reflection this could be a personal issue as I have a tiny bit of doubt in the back of my head that I didn’t perform for as long as I maybe could of. I am inspired by The Urdang Academy and how it offers scholarships and bursaries to those who are talented and who maybe can’t afford the large tuition funds.
·      I love it when I can see I have made a difference, when I teach something and can see it making an effect on the work a student produces. There are many great teachers in the world too many to mention, but I hold close to my heart the ones who I know personally I will never forget.
I wouldn’t say I don’t “understand” but I haven’t  yet gained the contacts or the knowledge to take my casting ambition further. I am inspired by all the leading casting directors in the WestEnd especially Ann Vosser and Elaine Murphy who have offered me ad

No comments:

Post a Comment