Tuesday 16 April 2013

Survey says.........


I have decided to post the response from one of my surveys, the person who filled it in will remain anonomous... I think it is interesting to gain others perspective so i intentionally only sent this to "non-teachers". I also kept it light-hearted, casual and 'fun' to encourage engagement.
1) Did you have a favorite teacher at school? If so why were they your favourite? . Yes I did, although I loved a lot of my teachers. Mrs Lucas, my Art teacher as she was approachable and you could talk to her about anything. She would always have a laugh and when you was down she would pick you up.
 
2) Did you have a better relationship with the teachers that taught your favourite subject?  My favourite subject was Art because of the teacher I think although. My best subject was maths although I didn’t always get on with my teachers; we had a lot of supply teachers. My Dance teacher Miss Payton certainly because who she was, she made the class so good to attend and you looked forward to going.
 
3) was your favourite teacher strict or did they let you gat away with bad behaviour?. My teachers were all strict and you did have respect for them. Firm but fair ones were OK but I did have a chemistry and music teacher that lost control of the classes and we never learnt anything.
 
4) Did you have a teacher who helped you a great deal in a matter outside their subject area?. Yes Mrs Lucas my Art teacher, she made you think about what you wanted to be and if you had fallen out with your best friend or having grief she would advise you. I had my purse nicked at school and I know who did it. And she helped me to cope with it in the proper way instead of just punching the girl’s lights out! And getting myself into trouble.
 
5) What features made you dislike a school teacher? Ones that couldn’t control the classroom
 
6) Did you improve more personally from encouragement or discipline. Encouragement as I didn’t have a lot of confidence at school. But discipline helped as there were a lot of bullies at my school 
 
7) Do you feel that your teachers could of made more effort to encourage you to achieve more. Not that I knew of at the time. But Mrs Lucas defiantly sticks out as she used to do this,
 
8) Did your strict teachers make you nervous to take risks in lesson for fear of failure/getting it wrong, some times if they were too strict you lived in fear of them
 
9) If you were to be a teacher what would your priority be? Firm but fair but Encouragement all the way
 
10) Do you think you excelled in the subjects where you prefered the teacher/ did you take a subject for GCSE/Alevel simply because of the teacher?. No I chose my subjects because of what I was best at but Have to say I was good at them because of the teachers mostly. Maths being the exception, I never liked any of my teachers but I had to do maths anyway as it was compulsory!

No comments:

Post a Comment